EEPSA is a dynamic volunteer organization promoting networking, curriculum support, and leadership in environmental education supported by the BCTF.
The 2017 Leadership Clinic will help to facilitate the development of a Local Chapter of the Environmental Educator’s Provincial Specialist Association (EEPSA) in each school district in the Columbia Basin. A Local Chapter is a teacher-driven organization that helps local teachers come together to collaborate, engage in professional development and influence curriculum.
- CBEEN and EEPSA will co-host a Leadership Clinic from Saturday, April 29 – Tuesday, May 2 at Nipika Mountain Resort– a beautiful eco-resort adjacent to Kootenay National Park.
- All K-12 teachers from the Columbia Basin region (School Districts 5, 6, 8, 10, 19, 20, & 51) are invited to apply.
- The application period will close on February 15, 2017.
- FREE registration for successful applicants – only cost is for CBEEN & EEPSA annual membership ($55 total)
- All food, accommodation and learning supplies will be covered.
- EESPA and CBEEN are looking to provide coverage for teacher release time (2 days).
- Participants will be responsible for getting to and from the Leadership Clinic. Carpooling is encouraged we will provide a contact list of participants so that costs can be shared and carbon emissions are reduced.
- A team of teachers from each school district will be selected to attend. Participants will be selected based on their background in environmental education and engagement in professional development in the school district. We will also consider school district size, geographic distribution of applicants, and representation of a variety of class levels and subjects.
- We will notify all applicants by February 24, 2017.
What is involved in developing an EEPSA Local Chapter?
- An EEPSA Local Chapter is a local, teacher-led organization that helps teachers come together to collaborate, engage in professional development and influence curriculum.
- Each chapter needs a president to set the agenda and chair the meetings, a secretary to compile minutes and send them to our secretary and a treasurer to submit your expenses for reimbursement.
- You can invite administrators and community educators to be involved, but it should be led by BCTF members. Local Chapters and PSAs exist under the auspices of the BCTF.
More information Superconference sessions and workshops
More information: 2018 National Conference_Classrooms to Communities