EEPSA is a dynamic volunteer organization promoting networking, curriculum support, and leadership in environmental education supported by the BCTF.
Begins August 2018. Apply by March 30
This innovative MEd cohort program will engage participants in real-world projects enmeshed in questions of learning and scholarship.
This partnership program features an Adaptive Education model, which builds a pedagogical bridge that ties the project and classroom to the community. Participants will consult on, experiment with, and co-create solutions that address problems which come to light in the course of working with the City of Vancouver on sustainability priorities.
The unique structure of this program includes a body of advisers and experts that support classroom-based research projects and instructors who act as research designers to facilitate group projects with real-world outcomes. Participants will:
- develop a critical awareness of the concepts of education and sustainability, how they relate, and their implications;
- demonstrate their learning throughout the program, thereby increasing their employability;
- build their abilities to work with governments and other partners by collaborating with city staff on sustainability policies;
- embody the knowledge and skills associated with community building, political engagement, social movement participation, real-world research, design, dialogue, network building, and knowledge dissemination.
BC curriculum is changing. School districts and teachers are working hard to transform along with it. The Metro Vancouver Classrooms to Communities (C2C) Leadership Clinic is an immersive professional development opportunity for school district teams to advance community connected learning as a priority school district action strategy.
What’s in it for your school district / team?
- Focused time to develop action plans, team building and purposeful collaboration
- Relationship building and success sharing within and between school district teams
- Expertise, inspiration and support from colleagues and C2C community partners
- A unique setting in the heart of Crescent Beach – close to people and nature
As always please bring along any fellow educators and/or outdoor enthusiasts interested in joining us, the more the merrier.