EEPSA is a dynamic volunteer organization promoting networking, curriculum support, and leadership in environmental education supported by the BCTF.
Join facilitators from the VSB, Metro Vancouver, and Classrooms to Community to explore strategies, tools, and inspiration for utilizing the local environment for inquiry-based learning. Participants will:
- Explore engaging place-based strategies connecting to the revised BC curriculum
- Receive practical classroom tools and resources, including A Metro Vancouver Satellite Map and the popular booklet “Get Outdoors! An Educator’s Guide to Outdoor Classrooms in Parks, School Grounds and other Special Places”
- An EEPSA membership and Green Teacher Magazine one-year subscription
- Get to know how Classrooms to Communities (C2C-BC), a BC sustainability education network, can benefit schools, districts, and communities
- Be inspired by VSB success stories and fellow teachers and community partners
Lunch will be provided!
We are very excited to announce our first Burnaby Place Based Learning Conference will be taking place on the Jan. 28th Curriculum Implementation Day at Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion!
We are thrilled to be joined by two amazing key note speakers, Lori Snyder and Gillian Judson.
Lori Snyder is a Metis Herbalist, educator, mother, and story-teller. Lori offers workshops to discover our wild, edible, native and medicinal plants in different communities around Metro Vancouver, the unceded territories of the Coast Salish People.
Gillian Judson is an Executive Director of SFU’s Centre for Imagination in Research, Culture and Educaiton. She will be speaking about her book A Walking Curriculum: Evoking Wonder & Developing Sense Of Place (K-12).
During the day, there will also be opportunities to connect with community partners and inspiring Burnaby teachers who have prepared resources and ideas to share with you.
A big thanks to Burnaby Local Environmental Educators LSA, Burnaby School District and EEPSA for being our event sponsors for making this day possible!
CBEEN and EEPSA will co-host a Leadership Circle on April 26-28, 2019, at Nipika Mountain Resort, and will bring together the leadership teams from each EEPSA Local Chapter to collaboratively plan for the following school year and beyond.
Registration is open to all EEPSA Local Chapter Executive Members from the Columbia Basin, and one representative from EEPSA Local Chapters in BC outside of the Columbia Basin. This Leadership Circle is an opportunity for local chapters to team-build and plan while networking and collaborating with other local chapters.
Please note: all participants must be current CBEEN & EEPSA members.
Contact Selina Metcalfe for more information.