E.E. Newsletters, Journals and Magazines
- Green Teacher Magazine Environmental Education across Canada. Based in Toronto, Ont. Online activities, curriculum resources and other updates. Free subscription mailed to all EEPSA members.
- Clearing Magazine Environmental Education in the Pacific Northwest. Based in Portland, Oregon. Selected Clearing articles online.
- Canadian Journal of Environmental Education – Academic papers and thought provoking discussions. Published by Yukon College.
- Alternatives Magazine – an unsorted collection of diverse articles on environmental topics in the Pacific Northwest.
- Orion Magazine – online video interviews, articles, photo galleries from high-profile activists and journalists on a variety of alternative cultural and international issues. Thought provoking.
- New Internationalist Magazine – Reporting on issues of world poverty and inequality; to draw attention to unjust relationships between the powerful and the powerless in both rich and poor nations; to debate and campaign for the radical changes necessary if the basic material and spiritual needs of all are to be met.
- Emagazine – various articles on environmental issues in the US and beyond. Includes a comprehensive archive of magazine stories.
- Elements – Environmental Magazine online. Dual language French/English Canadian online environmental news digest.
Ministry of Education Sustainability Course Content: a Curriculum Framework
Provides sustainability topic areas and possible learning outcomes related to these topics. It contains seven modules that might be used individually or as an entire course. The modules have been designed so that they can be adapted into existing or new Board/Authority Authorized courses developed by schools or districts. All content in the framework document is merely a starting point for teachers and schools wishing to offer students courses with sustainability-focused content. The document is on the Ministry’s Green Schools web site.