Resources for Local Chapters
- Local Chapter Guide
- EEPSA Local Chapter Agenda Template
- Local Chapter Constitution Template
- Expense Voucher
- Local Chapter budget template
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies-page-13
- EEPSA Local Chapter AGM template
List of Local Chapters
Contact Katrina Sumrall at Katrina.Sumrall@sd10.bc.ca
Contact Jamie Stewart at email@example.com
Contact Kristina Carley at Kristina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cariboo-Chilcotin Outdoor Educators
Contact Frances McCoubrey at email@example.com
Bridges and Barriers resource
Contact Mardelle Sauerborn at Mardelle.Sauerborn@sd5.bc.ca
Kootenay – Columbia
Contact Bridget O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kootenay Columbia Environmental Educators Website
Contact Megan Jamison at email@example.com
Contact Ryan Barfoot at Ryan.Barfoot@sd47.bc.ca
Contact Stephanie Danyluk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocky Mountain Place Based Learning Network
Contact Tara Whittick at email@example.com
Environmental Education Library Suggested Readings
Contact Andrew Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forming a Local Chapter
A Local Chapter is a local, teacher-driven organization that helps teachers come together to collaborate, engage in professional development and influence curriculum. You can invite administrators and community educators to be involved, but it should be led by BCTF members. Local Chapters and PSAs exist under the auspices of the BCTF.
Bring a group of teachers together. EEPSA can support you with reimbursement for food and drink to make this happen.
- a president to set the agenda and chair the meetings
- a secretary to compile minutes and send them to our secretary
- a treasurer to submit your expenses for reimbursement
Consider your goals and intentions for the year around meeting to collaborate, and whether you’d like to plan any professional development activities for your region.
From EEPSA’s perspective, we need:
- Each of your meetings to have an agenda and minutes. We’ll post your minutes to our website.
- The majority of your Local Chapter members to be active EEPSA members.
- Your president, secretary and treasurer to be active members of the BCTF (dues paying).
- A constitution for your Local Chapter. EEPSA’s executive can guide you through that process.