Resources for Local Chapters
- Local Chapter Guide
- EEPSA Local Chapter Agenda Template
- Local Chapter Constitution Template
- EEPSA Local Chapter AGM template
- Guide for EEPSA Local Chapter Treasurers
- ExpenseVoucher – local chapter
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies-page-13
Our amazing Local Chapters are doing great things across the province. They are a true testament to the power of local leadership.
Together we are:
- Hosting conferences to connect Classrooms to Communities on the PSA Day
- Creating grab and go backpacks for each school in the district
- Leading Curriculum Implementation Days
- Hosting dinner meetings to collaborate with colleagues
- Re-wilding school grounds
- Creating place-based learning websites for our districts
- Spreading the culture of outdoor education prep-teachers in our districts
- Hosting first aid and risk-assessment courses
- Meeting with senior district administration to advocate for place based learning helping teacher positions
- Hosting lending libraries of teaching resources Book list
- Building school gardens
- Hosting professional book clubs
- Compiling entry level lessons for teachers new to place based learning Curriculum-Linked Activities to Get OUTSIDE Tomorrow!
- Hosting blogs
- Hosting professional development days
- Working with community partners to develop learning experiences in our local places
- Mentoring student teachers
- Enjoying evening paddles and professional conversations
- Hosting seed-sharing libraries for school gardens
- Providing mentorship to teachers who are new to outdoor learning
- Hosting listserves
- Sitting on district sustainability working groups
- Building outdoor classrooms
List of Local Chapters
Contact Erika Momeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kootenay Boundary Outdoor Educators
Contact Jamie Stewart at email@example.com
B. Outside (Burnaby)
Contact Kristina Carley at Kristina.firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Outside Blog
South Central BC Regional Specialist Association (Cariboo-Chilcotin, Quesnel and Prince George)
Bridges and Barriers resource
EKEEPSA (East Kootenay EEPSA)
Contact Mardelle Sauerborn at Mardelle.Sauerborn@sd5.bc.ca
Kootenay – Columbia Environmental Educators
Contact Matthias Starzner at email@example.com
Kootenay Columbia Environmental Educators Website
Kootenay Lake Environmental Educators
Contact Megan Jamison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kootenay Lake Environmental Educators Website
Contact Ryan Barfoot at Ryan.Barfoot@sd47.bc.ca
Contact Stephanie Danyluk at email@example.com
Rocky Mountain Place Based Learning Network
Contact Tara Whittick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Education Library Suggested Readings
Salish Sea Place Based Learning Network (Victoria, Sooke and Saanich)
Contact Chloe Faught at email@example.com
Contact Andrew Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forming a Local Chapter
A Local Chapter is a local, teacher-driven organization that helps teachers come together to collaborate, engage in professional development and influence curriculum. You can invite administrators and community educators to be involved, but it should be led by BCTF members. Local Chapters and PSAs exist under the auspices of the BCTF.
Bring a group of teachers together. EEPSA can support you with reimbursement for food and drink to make this happen.
- a president to set the agenda and chair the meetings
- a secretary to compile minutes and send them to our secretary
- a treasurer to submit your expenses for reimbursement
Consider your goals and intentions for the year around meeting to collaborate, and whether you’d like to plan any professional development activities for your region.
From EEPSA’s perspective, we need:
- Each of your meetings to have an agenda and minutes. We’ll post your minutes to our website.
- The majority of your Local Chapter members to be active EEPSA members.
- Your president, secretary and treasurer to be active members of the BCTF (dues paying).
- A constitution for your Local Chapter. EEPSA’s executive can guide you through that process.