B. Outside (Burnaby)
Contact Kristina Carley at [email protected] Burnaby Local Chapter Constitution B. Outside Blog Most recent minutes: B. Outside Oct … Read more
EKEEPSA (East Kootenay EEPSA)
Contact Kelly Henderson at [email protected] East Kootenay Local Chapter Constitution Most recent minutes: EKEEPSA AGM October 2021
Kootenay Boundary Outdoor Educators
Contact Jamie Stewart at [email protected] Kootenay Boundary Outdoor Educators Constitution Most recent minutes: KBOE Meeting March 2020
Kootenay Lake Environmental Educators
Kootenay Lake Local Chapter Constitution Kootenay Lake Environmental Educators Website Most recent minutes: Kootenay Lake January 2020
Kootenay-Columbia Environmental Educators
Contact Laura Jackman at [email protected] Kootenay Columbia Environmental Educators Website Most recent minutes:October 28, 2021 – KCEE … Read more
Contact Marlee St. Pierre at [email protected] Langley constitution Most recent minutes: Langley Sept 2021
Outdoor Thinkers (Arrow Lakes)
Contact Erika Momeyer at [email protected] Arrow Lakes constitution Most recent minutes: Outdoor Thinkers AGM 2020
Contact Ryan Barfoot at [email protected] Powell River Local Chapter Constitution Most recent minutes: Powell River Minutes June … Read more
Contact Megan Zeni at mzeni.sd38.bc.ca
Revelstoke Local Chapter Constitution Most recent minutes: Revelstoke February
Rocky Mountain Place Based Learning Network
Contact Alexis Barrett at [email protected] Rocky Mountain Local Chapter Constitution Most recent minutes: RMPBLN 2020 AGM minutes
Salish Sea Place Based Learning Network (Victoria, Sooke and Saanich)
Contact Chloe Faught at [email protected] Salish Sea Constitution Most recent minutes: Minutes Salish Sea EEPSA (SSEEPSA) AGM … Read more
Contact Christine Syms at [email protected] SEED36 Infographic SEED36 Constitution SEED36 Newsletter: Rooted: Winter 2021 (office.com) Most recent … Read more
Contact Monique Richoux at [email protected] Shuswap Constitution Most recent minutes: SHEEPSA February 2022
South Central BC Regional Specialist Association (Cariboo-Chilcotin, Quesnel and Prince George)
Contact Frances McCoubrey at [email protected] or Vanessa Elton at [email protected] Central BC Constitution Most recent minutes: February 2022 Bridges … Read more
UNITE (Urban Nature Inclusive Teaching Environment) in Vancouver
Contact Cara Laudon at [email protected] Vancouver EEPSA-Local-Chapter-Constitution
Vernon Eco Educators (VEE)
Vernon Eco Educators Contact local chapter president Andrea Harwood-Jones at [email protected]
Forge Local Network Connections
Network and connect with environmental educators from around BC.
Are you interested in collaborating with teachers in your region on an environmental education initiative?
Do you need funding and support for a local initiative?
Do you have a group of like-minded teachers who want some support to meet and collaborate?
Do you have great environmental education happening in your classroom that you want to share?
Would you like to host an environmental education Pro-D in your region?
Join or form a Local Chapter!
Resources for Local Chapters
- Local Chapter Seasonal Round
- EEPSA Local Chapter Agenda Template
- Local Chapter Constitution Template
- EEPSA Local Chapter AGM template
- Guide for EEPSA Local Chapter Treasurers
- ExpenseVoucher – local chapter
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies
- Travel Information Expense Reimbursement Policies-page-13
- Special Projects Grant Application
Our amazing Local Chapters are doing great things across the province. They are a true testament to the power of local leadership.
Together We Are:
- Hosting conferences to connect Classrooms to Communities on the PSA Day
- Creating grab and go backpacks for each school in the district
- Leading Curriculum Implementation Days
- Hosting dinner meetings to collaborate with colleagues
- Re-wilding school grounds
- Creating place-based learning websites and newsletters for our districts
- Spreading the culture of outdoor education prep-teachers in our districts
- Hosting first aid and risk-assessment courses
- Meeting with senior district administration to advocate for place based learning
- Hosting lending libraries of teaching resources
- Building school gardens
- Hosting professional book clubs
- Compiling entry-level lessons for teachers new to place-based learning
- Hosting blogs
- Hosting professional development days
- Working with community partners to develop learning experiences in our local places
- Mentoring student teachers
- Enjoying evening paddles and professional conversations
- Hosting seed-sharing libraries for school gardens
- Providing mentorship to teachers who are new to outdoor learning
- Hosting listserves
- Sitting on district sustainability working groups
- Building outdoor classrooms
Kootenay Columbia grab and go backpacks for outdoor learning
Some of the teacher suggested books from the SEED36 list.
EEPSA Position Statement on Education Outside the Classroom
Salish Sea Letter to Districts
Curriculum and Instruction Resources (created by Chapters)
Forming a Local Chapter
A Local Chapter is a local, teacher-driven organization that helps teachers come together to collaborate, engage in professional development and influence curriculum. You can invite administrators and community educators to be involved, but it should be led by BCTF members. Local Chapters and PSAs exist under the auspices of the BCTF.
Bring a group of teachers together. EEPSA can support you with reimbursement for food and drink to make this happen.
- a president to set the agenda and chair the meetings
- a secretary to compile minutes and send them to our secretary
- a treasurer to submit your expenses for reimbursement
Consider your goals and intentions for the year around meeting to collaborate, and whether you’d like to plan any professional development activities for your region.
From EEPSA’s perspective, we need:
- Each of your meetings to have an agenda and minutes. We’ll post your minutes to our website.
- The majority of your Local Chapter members to be active EEPSA members.
- Your president, secretary and treasurer to be active members of the BCTF (dues paying).
- A constitution for your Local Chapter. The Local Chapter Coordinator can guide you through that process.